The Beaumont was recognised with a Certificate of Excellence by
Preferred Hotels in its annual GIFTTS Awards (Great
Initiatives for Today's and Tomorrow's Society) for our
Sustainability efforts in 2017/18, which have included:
- Retrofitting LED lights throughout the hotel (the equivalent of
added 177.48 acres of forest or removing 124.81 cars from the
- Heating our water with CHP (cogeneration), reducing primary
energy use, CO2 emissions.
- Changing to water based, non-hazardous, low in VOC's and heavy
metal free paints.
- Adding solar film to all windows.
- Separating and recycling all waste, with nothing going to
- Changing all take-away cups and food containers to 100%
compostable materials, replacing plastic straws with paper ones,
and using an online filtration system for still and sparkling
waters which are served in reusable glass bottles in the restaurant
- Donating all half-used guest soaps, shampoos and body lotions
to charity for use.
The hotel continues to work on reducing its environmental
impact, with many projects in play, including the reduction of